Tuesday, January 26, 2016

DIY Flannel Baby Raq Quilt


Last year, I made about 5 large rag quilts. I never posted about them because when I was done, I was done.  There was fluff everywhere!   I never thought I'd be making another rag quilt until I found out that my cousin and his wife were expecting their first baby (a boy!).  I love the idea of making something that could be a keepsake.

I played around with the flannel bolts at Fabricland until I found some designs that I liked.


Cut cut cut


What's the best combination? 


All sewn and it's time to bind it all up!



I snipped the edges using my Fiskars spring loaded scissors.  Best $12 I've ever spent!


I tossed it in the wash/dryer twice using the delicate cycle.  The front is ragged and the back is smooth.  This gives them some choice as to which side to use.


 I made sure to find some "Canadiana" prints.


And tested it out with the stuffies.


Mr. Octopus won some alone time on the quilt.


I included some care instructions for the quilt and some toy leashes for when baby boy is a little older.


The baby shower was in December so I couldn't post any pics at the time.  Check out the oversized Christmas ornament on the neighbour's front lawn.  Pretty cool!


Love babies,
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. The quilt looks so cozy and soft, lucky baby! Love all your store tags and packaging too, where did you get them printed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! My labels are from Twill Tape Guy: http://twilltapeguy.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete