Monday, September 30, 2013

Tractor Toddler Backpack


This little guy is heading onto a plane and flying all the way to Australia. This is the first tractor design that I have ever done and I can't wait to see little H wearing his new backpack.

The tractor on the left was my first design but H's mom and I both liked design #2 better.


A lot of thought goes into the design process - my rough sketches are just the beginning.  Once I get approval on the design, I then make the lines a little straighter, the wheels become rounder, and work towards a final design.


Then we play around with it in colour to make sure it still looks good.


Whenever it's a "first", I spend a little bit more time asking questions


Once I have approval, I begin sewing


At the final checkpoint, if Mom says "go!", then I sew the rest of the backpack together to get this:


It has two pockets on each side and a pocket on the inside.  This time the lining is a solid brown with dark brown piping.


Quilted bottom (or "bum" as my little one likes to call it)


And here's the back view


And it's a wrap!  Off to work on a new design... this time, it's an animal.

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Our travel pack rucksack is ideal for carrying bulky loads on excursions. We have range of waterproof bag to guard equipments more by keeping them high and dry. CarbonFiber365 is simply one of the best online backpackers shop.

    best carry on backpack

    ReplyDelete