Friday, October 05, 2012

Applefest Fun at the Markham Museum

Since Joshie started school, we've all gone through a round of sickness. But since we missed Pioneer Fest at Black Creek Pioneer village, we decided to head up to Markham for Applefest.  We went last year and had a great time.

I'm really proud of how responsible Joshie is becoming. We never have to ask him to hold Baby Bunny's hand. He always reaches for it and is super protective.


We spent a nice day outdoors visiting the historic site.  Here he is guessing what type of fruits are in the preserve jars


We couldn't turn the apples this year because a little kid cut his finger on the apple peeler.


Joshie loved trying out the pioneer toys.  After playing with this wooden bear, Joshie asked hubby if he could make him one.  We'll see...


I'm looking forward to more fall fun!

2 comments:

  1. oh how fun!! LOVE it!! You know me and my mom were jsut emailing each other for that SAME apple corer/pealer - - they dont sell them in the store but we tracked one down on ebay - -I totally need one! :)
    www.yourcharmedlifeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really great time. Fall is so much fun! Hopefully I'll get my toddler out apple picking before the season is over!

    ReplyDelete