Sunday, August 26, 2012

From the Cottage to the AGO to Cityline

So taking a vacation is exactly what the doctor ordered!  This past week was a lot of fun! It all started last Friday when my friend V and I drove up to A's Cottage for a Girls Weekend. It was heaven. A bunch of great ladies, good food, and beautiful scenary.

Here's a view from the dock


A is my crafty gal pal so she made some chimes out of old spoons


We ended up learning how to shoot.  8 gals with a .22 calibre rifle.  Yup.  I did pretty good too! 


We had a lobsterfest on the dock with lots and lots of butter.  There was no dieting on this trip!


The night was so clear and beautiful.  I saw 3 shooting stars!  (And no, they were not satellites.  Real shooting stars!)  I made 3 wishes too!


I really missed hubby and the kids.  Baby bunny missed me a lot too.  I have to give kudos to hubby for watching the kids for the 3 days.

Later in the week, we went to the Art Gallery of Ontario.  I don't even bother trying to get them to smile.  One is always coming from one direction while the other is going the other way.    I saw the Picasso exhibit but through the eyes of my little ones.  I heard things like "he's naked!" and "what's that?" and "she's sad!"  I took the kids in the middle of the week because once Joshie starts school in September, we will only be able to visit on weekends :(  The kids also love going to the AGO because it means going to the Chinatown bakery beforehand for sticky buns and cookies.


By the end of the week, I was exhausted but my cousin had tickets to go to Fashion Fridays on Cityline so 4 of us went down to be audience members.  This has been a tradition for the last 3 years!  I ended up downtown at 8:20am - record time ever!  I missed my GO train so I ended up driving and got there at the same time as the train.

Here's a pic of Dundas Square... I can't believe how much it has changed over the years.   I remember when there were no ads and no big retailers.


Next week will be our chillaxing week before school starts.  I'd better get started on kiddo's new backpack!

0 comments:

Post a Comment