Thursday, June 14, 2012

Tricycle Handlebar Bag - Part 2

A couple of weeks ago, I shared with you a tricycle/bicycle handlebar bag that I made for Joshie. Well, since that time, little brother staked his claim on Joshie's bike by yelling "mine" very loudly. So, we brought home the other red tricycle from nonna's house. The other tricycle didn't have a bag and since Joshie is the one who picks up most of the "treasures" from our bike gang adventures, I had to make one for him asap.


The bag part of the design is the same but I used D rings instead of snaps to secure it to the tricycle.   I wanted this bag to have the flexibility of being used on other bikes.  Also, the bag sits slightly tilted on this tricycle vs the first tricycle so having the D rings helps keep it nice and secure.


This time, I appliqued the initial J using some left over jersey.  If it looks familiar, that's because I used the same fabric for my onesie extender tutorial.


Holds his stuff  nicely.  I wanted to put a snap to keep it closed but he said he didn't want one.  I should've just put it on instead of asking...


Here's our "parking lot"


The little boy bicycle gang is ready to ride!  I'm an honorary member too.  Originally, the rules were "no girls allowed!"  But, now Joshie says... "you can be part of the gang, but only if you have a bicycle".

Notice how little brother's feet are up in the air and he's not paying attention.  Sigh.


I also made another tricycle bag for a customer.   I put a removable stabilizing strap at the back of the bag and included a snap to keep things tidy.  Looking forward to seeing pictures of her son and all of his "stuff".


Happy sewing!

2 comments:

  1. HI! I'm so glad I stumbled on your blog! You make adorable stuff...and so well-made, too. I'm a fellow Canadian, and in Ontario, as well! Your newest member, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! I'm not sure why this comment is coming to me now (4 years later!!!) but I'm glad to see it nonetheless :o)

      Delete