Tuesday, January 03, 2012

New Year's Resolutions - Does anyone still do these?



So I'm not big on New Year's resolutions because if these things were so important, we'd do them all year round, right?  Since having kids, we have to plan plan plan.  So, now I'm thinking that I'd like to make some new year's resolutions:

1.  Refinish this chair.  Right now it's sitting in my basement, just waiting patiently to be reupholstered.  I know exactly where I am going to put it (in our piano room) but it just needs to get done!

2.  Work out once a week.  My doctor would be appalled that my goal is one day a week...  But really, it's an achievable goal. 

3.  Enroll in a class.  I am enrolled in classes but the classes are for the kids, not me.  So my goal is to enroll myself in a special interest class, or maybe an exercise class. 

4.  Go on dates with hubby.  The kids have taken over!  But they will be a little bit older next year and hopefully won't mind if we skip out for a night here and there.  

5.  Start doing a "sisters" or "friends" night out.  Why?  Because maybe by then, the kids will be in the same bedroom and can put themselves to sleep.  Hahaha... in my dreams, right? 

That's it for now...  

What are your New Year's resolutions?

0 comments:

Post a Comment