Thursday, January 26, 2012

Game: Find the Heart


Here's a really simple idea that my toddler loves.  We call it the "Hearts Treasure Hunt".  This started last year when Joshie was 2.  We were watching a Max & Ruby episode called "Grandma's Treasure Hunt".   He loved it and wanted to do a treasure hunt too.  We used to hide my painted eggs from our trip to Poland, but when I found some foam hearts in my craft box, we began using those instead.

Here's what you need:

Lots of imagination
A messy play space
Foam Hearts in different colours and sizes



This game is so easy to play.  Just hide the hearts in your house and have your kids look for them.  You can change it up each time... you can focus on finding the small hearts, or the pink hearts.  You can make it easy or hard depending on your child.  We like to play "hot" or "cold" too.   Joshie likes to hide the hearts so I can find them.  He's usually too excited to wait for me to find them so he tells me where he's hidden them.  It's great how something so simple can be a lot of fun too!  Happy hunting! 

 

1 comment:

  1. What a fun game idea...I could really see this going over well when trying to get some work done thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete