2014 has come and gone and it's been 3 months since the kids started school full time. Mistakenly, I thought I'd have a lot more free time but as it turns out, I'm still doing the same stuff I always did but now I don't have 2 kiddies by my side.
Every year we make resolutions but some we keep and some we let slide. I almost didn't bother with making any resolutions but I'm a goal oriented person and without something to strive for, I predict my 6 hours alone on weekdays will mean a lot of DIY projects get started but not necessarily finished.
So here's what I have so far in no particular order:
- Post on the blog with some more regularity. I initially started this as a way to highlight my crafty adventures but when I read back over the years, it's not the pictures that bring back my memories. It's my words. So I am going to go back into the summer picture folder and pull out the pictures of the memorable or fun things we made.
- Go to bed by 12am. Yup. Forget striving for a healthy 10pm, I need to start small. Some nights, I'm up until 1am or even 2am. It also doesn't help that hubby is a night owl so we both agreed this was a good one.
- Create a short term career plan for 2015. I love being a stay at home mom. By staying at home, I've created a less hectic environment for my kids and husband. I love being there for my kids because I know they will only be little for so long. However, it's time for me to figure out what the next steps are going to be in the short term. This means a couple of things: jumpstarting my ETSY shop, a part time job, a volunteer gig, or furthering my education. To get me moving, I worked on my resume and I have a pretty good working copy. Even if I don't end up sending it out, it feels good to have one.
- Healthy Stuff. We're pretty good over here for eating but exercise? Unless I'm running with the kids, I have fallen flat on the exercise front. A lot of it has to do with all of our home improvement projects. I don't even want to think about what we ended up doing in 2014 (when will it ever end?????) let alone the list for 2015. So I'm starting off again small... 15 min in the morning of whatever activity I want to do that gets my heart rate up.
- Purge! Fabric closet - you know I'm talking about you... When we moved, we just hid all of our old stuff in closets but as we are moving from room to room, the need for some of this stuff goes away. So step one is to build a wall to wall library to put all of our books. That will solve at least 9-10 boxes.